Fortunately, fire medic Jeff Rehman has a great method for saving your own life when things get desperate. Best of all—it requires nothing more than a solid floor.
Immediately get on your hands and knees in a modified "pushup" position. The aim here is fall onto your own chest, so position yourself accordingly.
Shoot your arms out in front of you so that you'll fall, forcefully landing on your chest and belly.
This will push air up through your throat, hopefully dislodging whatever is causing you to choke. Repeat if necessary to clear out the blockage.
As Rehman points out, this method is not foolproof, but in a desperate situation, it's a very helpful technique to know. To see a video of it in action, just watch below.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades