CPR. It's stands for cardiopulmonary resuscitation, which is the emergency medical procedure for restoring a person's normal heartbeat and breathing when experiencing heart failure or breathing impairment. It's the number one way to save a life, and everyone should know it, whether you're certified or not.
If an adult is not breathing normally, you must call an ambulance then start cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR), which is a combination of chest compressions and rescue breaths.
1. Place your hands on the centre of their chest and, with the heel of your hand, press down (4-5cm). After every 30 chest compressions give two breaths.
2. Pinch the person's nose. Place your mouth over their mouth and – by blowing steadily – attempt two rescue breaths each over one second.
3. Continue with cycles of 30 chest compressions and two rescue breaths until emergency help arrives or the person begins to breath normally.
If you are unable or unwilling to give rescue breaths give chest compressions alone.
The British Red Cross designed these first aid videos to help everyone in being prepared and ready to respond to emergencies that may come their way. First aid is very important in making sure injuries don't become worse than they have to… or even life threatening. Rapid response is the best way to help an accident victim's injury and suffering.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades