Lauren Dickerson and Ed Barnett demonstrates how to properly use a cane. Using a cane is appropriate when you have impaired mobility of any kind such as an injury caused by a knee or a hip. First, measure the cane. Hold the cane about four inches away from you and it should come to hip height. When the cane is the right length, your arm should come at a 30 degree angle. Hold the cane on the stronger side of your body. When you walk, bring the cane and your weaker leg out together. Then bring the stronger side back. You want to have two points of support at all time which is why the cane is so effective. You can also get a cane with four prongs for greater stability.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades